I am an Accredited Counsellor with BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
This means I have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by them. When I first qualified I worked a lot in bereavement counselling as this was what brought me to need counselling and then qualify as a counsellor. Over the years as my skills have grown I now work with a much more variety of issues. I now do a lot of stress management work helping people at work and I have a passion for working with anger management issues. I also work with clients suffering with anxiety.
I also do counselling for a local charity based on the Fylde.
For the last few years I have work for the local authority as a tutor developing and teaching personal development courses. They include courses on Stress Management, Anger Management and Anxiety Management. On these courses we look at what each is, how it affects us and develop strategies to cope better in the future. During these courses I do a number of different activities.
- Certificate in Relationship and Couple Counselling (July 2017)
- Stress Management (Level 3) Sept 2016 (Distinction)
- BACP Accreditation – Nov 2010
- CRUSE Bereavement Training – July 2008
- Advanced Diploma in PC Counselling (BACP Accredited) – 2005
- Loss and Bereavement – April 2003
Keeping myself up to date on new developments and keeping my CPD updated I have also undertaken the following.
- ASSIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) Living Works
- Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults – Level 1
- Creative Art Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Anorexia from a person centred perspective.
Here you can download my contract and worksheets.